Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Stephan Schwab <sn...@caimito.net> on 2005/05/18 05:59:26 UTC

Compiling in Eclipse / in-memory LDAP server

Hi!

I just joined this mailing list and am unsure whether my first
message made it. The distribution of messages seems to be a bit slow
today.

Can somebody send me .classpath files for Eclipse?

What's the status of the in-memory features? I browsed through the
source and found you are currently using file based JDBM. There was
one remark on the website mentioning Prevayler. Is anybody here doing
something in that direction?

Stephan

Re: Compiling in Eclipse / in-memory LDAP server

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

2005/5/19, Stephan Schwab <sn...@caimito.net>:
> On May 18, 2005, at 7:50 PM, Trustin Lee wrote:
> >> Can somebody send me .classpath files for Eclipse?
> >
> > For which project?  Basically you can run maven eclipse to generate
> > Eclipse project files.
>
> Thanks. Just tried it a second.

Does 'maven eclipse' generate wrong classpath file?

> > But please note that ApacheDS-core doen't compile well in Eclipse
> > due to
> > its use of AspectJ.  Maven doesn't seem to generate correct Eclipse
> > project
> > file for AspectJ projects.
>
> Aha! What IDE do you use? Or none?

I use eclipse, but I build and run with maven because of AspectJ issue.
For example, to test:

maven clean eclipse test

Thanks,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/

Re: Compiling in Eclipse / in-memory LDAP server

Posted by Stephan Schwab <sn...@caimito.net>.
On May 18, 2005, at 7:50 PM, Trustin Lee wrote:
>> Can somebody send me .classpath files for Eclipse?
>
> For which project?  Basically you can run maven eclipse to generate
> Eclipse project files.

Thanks. Just tried it a second.

> But please note that ApacheDS-core doen't compile well in Eclipse
> due to
> its use of AspectJ.  Maven doesn't seem to generate correct Eclipse
> project
> file for AspectJ projects.

Aha! What IDE do you use? Or none?

I just want to follow the project and maybe contribute something or
fix a bug. The easiest way would be to create me the same environment
that you are using. I thought of using Eclipse because that is
mentioned on the Wiki.

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

2005/5/18, Stephan Schwab <sn...@caimito.net>:
> Can somebody send me .classpath files for Eclipse?

For which project?  Basically you can run maven eclipse to generate
Eclipse project files.  But please note that ApacheDS-core doen't

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Stephan Schwab wrote:

> Hi!

Welcome!

> I just joined this mailing list and am unsure whether my first
> message made it. The distribution of messages seems to be a bit slow
> today.

Yah email all around seems to be slow today.  Some say its due to viruses.

> Can somebody send me .classpath files for Eclipse?

Sorry man ... I'm an IDEA lover.  I used to use Eclipse but there are
lots of Eclipse guys here that can lend a hand.

> What's the status of the in-memory features? I browsed through the
> source and found you are currently using file based JDBM. There was
> one remark on the website mentioning Prevayler. Is anybody here doing
> something in that direction?

Yah it would be really cool to do a Prevalyer based partition
implementation.  I wanted to but don't have the time right now ... other
feature scream louder at the moment.  If you're interested I can review
and give you pointers to building it.  We could use the contribution
actually.

Cheers,
Alex