Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jonathan <jp...@aber.ac.uk> on 2003/03/04 01:57:59 UTC

Iterate + indexed property arghhh....

Hello,

I wonder whether somebody can help, I'm using the logic iterate tag to
loop through a number
of items producing a delete button for each of the items.  When the
delete button is
clicked I want to delete that particular item.  Using the below:

Delete?');"  property='action'>
<bean:message key="questionoption.button.delete"/>

I produce a list of buttons which SHOULD appear like follows:

<input type="submit" name="action[0]" value="Delete">
<input type="submit" name="action[1]" value="Delete">
<input type="submit" name="action[2]" value="Delete">

but instead the name appears like this:

<input type="submit" name="action"[0]  value="Delete">

With [0] being outside the bracket.

Can anybody tell me why this is?  Does it make a difference if I use '
to enclose the values
or whether I use " to enclose the values.  It would seem that it does so
does anybody know
the EXACT syntax for specifying a HTML submit button?  Should I be using
a nested:submit
component?  Does that really make any difference?

Also on the server side how would I catch which button has been pressed?
I can't use:

String action = (String)request.getParameter("action");

Because the index causes a problem,

Many thanks in advance for any help or tips you can provide me with,
this seems to be the last
part of my problems.

Jon.

 Jonathan Holloway,