Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "Emmanouil Batsis (Manos)" <ma...@abiss.gr> on 2012/04/11 15:08:12 UTC

Handling nested form submission on enter

I have a nested form that works as expected when it's submit button (an
IndicatingAjaxButton) is pressed but not when the user presses the enter
key when one of it's form fields is focused. Is it possible to capture
this enter key press to trigger the nested form's submit instead?

Manos

Re: Handling nested form submission on enter

Posted by jotaviotfs <jo...@gmail.com>.
Works perfect!!!

Re: Handling nested form submission on enter

Posted by "Emmanouil Batsis (Manos)" <ma...@abiss.gr>.
On 04/11/2012 07:53 PM, Andrea Del Bene wrote:
> It's like if JavaScript can't tell apart a form from another. Can you
> check the HTML generated for your page and see if forms have an unique id?

Checked, the IDs are unique. I couldn't figure out what the actual
problem is so, to bypass it, I just added this to intercept the enter
key and explicitly use my nested form's submit:

final TextField<String> newValueField =
		new TextField<String>("newValueField", new
PropertyModel(newSubFieldValues, "[" + index + "]")){
	@Override
     protected void onComponentTag(ComponentTag tag){
             super.onComponentTag(tag);
             tag.put("onkeypress", "if(event.keyCode == 13)
{document.getElementById('"  + addButton.getMarkupId() +
"').click();return false;}");
     }
};

Hope this helps someone else with nested forms and the enter key.

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <ad...@ciseonweb.it>.

Posted by "Emmanouil Batsis (Manos)" <ma...@abiss.gr>.

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <ad...@ciseonweb.it>.

Posted by "Emmanouil Batsis (Manos)" <ma...@abiss.gr>.