Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by ma qiang <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/30 13:03:32 UTC

how to see the size of a talle in HBase

HI all:
      I have a table in HBase.  Who can tell me how to see its' size? Thank you!

Best Wishes!

Re: how to see the size of a talle in HBase

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Use ${HADOOP_HOME}/bin/hadoop fs -dus <hbase.rootdir> to see size in
hdfs (or ${HADOOP_HOME}/bin/hadoop fs -lsr <hbase.rootdir> to see
listing and size of individual files).

If you want to know how many rows, etc., you can run 'select * from
YOUR_TABLENAME;' or even 'select count(*) from YOUR_TABLENAME;'.  If
your table is big, the latter will take a long time (HADOOP-2291 is
sampling to estimate the overall count, a process that should take less
time).

St.Ack