Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Rodrigo Madera <ro...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/11 01:31:13 UTC

Felix UserAdmin

Hello community,

Some time ago I posted a message asking if anyone knew an implementation for
UserAdmin.

I see that the OSGi spec requires UserAdmin to exist, but Felix doesn't have
one.
Does this mean that Felix is not yet fully compliant?

Thank you for your input,
Rodrigo

Re: Felix UserAdmin

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
On Oct 11, 2007, at 16:38 , Rodrigo Madera wrote:

> And what would a Felix user be recommended to use for UserAdmin?

Well, that depends on your needs. As with any compendium service,
multiple implementations are possible. What makes sense in one case,
might not in another. So we can never recommend any one specific
implementation for all cases.

In the past, I have used the implementation that comes with
Knopflerfish, and I have written my own. Furthermore, I think the
Apache Directory Server project might have one that is backed by that
DS (which might make sense if you have a large number of users you
want to maintain).

Greetings, Marcel

Re: Felix UserAdmin

Posted by Rodrigo Madera <ro...@gmail.com>.
And what would a Felix user be recommended to use for UserAdmin?

Thanks,
Rodrigo

Re: Felix UserAdmin

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.