Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Gerhard Froehlich <ge...@at.ibm.com> on 2002/01/31 15:27:32 UTC

Actions in scratchpad

Hi,
there are several new Actions in the scratchpad. Did
somebody reviewed them. It would be sad, if they would
be forgotten!

  Gerhard

Re: Actions in scratchpad

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ba...@nicolaken.com>.
From: "Gerhard Froehlich" <ge...@at.ibm.com>

> Hi,
> there are several new Actions in the scratchpad. Did
> somebody reviewed them. It would be sad, if they would
> be forgotten!

Yes. I think that scratchpad stuff should have more visibility. This is why
I did the new scratchpad build, to make them easier to test.
Hey, isn't opensource also about user feedback?

The latest build patch fixes some minor things, adds documentation and puts
treeprocessor and jispstore as scratchpad builds.
Since it doesn't change the current build structure and deals with
tools/build-*.xml builds I suggest applying it and seeing if it can help in
this regard.

BTW, thanks to you all and especially Carsten for this cool dist :-)

--
Nicola Ken Barozzi                 xml-cocoon@nicolaken.com
These are the days of miracle and wonder...

Re: Actions in scratchpad

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
On 31.Jan.2002 -- 03:27 PM, Gerhard Froehlich wrote:
> Hi,
> there are several new Actions in the scratchpad. Did
> somebody reviewed them. It would be sad, if they would
> be forgotten!

Gerhard,

If you're refering to the ModularDatabase*Actions, I haven't forgotten
about them but was focusing on stored procedure support for esql and
have quite some paid work at the moment that has precedence.
Anyway, they are in a more of "do you like the concept" state right
now. Although I haven't got much comments (one, actually) I have
decided to move the ModularDatabaseAccess/* helpers to be configured
in cocoon.xconf and call them adaptors.

I hope to find some spare time in the following two weeks to do the
necessary modifications (strip out the component handling & more).

Anyway, I still very interested in comments about this stuff.

	Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de