Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/15 11:54:15 UTC

[Axis2] MTOM Patch

Hi,

Please apply the patch to scratch/thilina/mtom folder.

Thanks,
Thilina.

RE: [Axis2] MTOM Patch

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.
Hi all,

See my comments below.

> Hi all,
> I am definitley +1 for having Thilina as a commiter. He has done good
> code and I have no doubt that he is the guy to MTOMize OM.
> However I am still 0- on integrating the code to the main stream
> *right now*. I've looked at Thilinas MTOM architecture and in my view
> it is the most reasonable MTOM implementation we can do on OM.But I
> strongly think we should wait till the F2F to discuss MTOM in bit more
> detail and then do it.

I agree with you that we need more things to be clarified in the next f2f.
But as I have worked with Thilina, I know how difficult for him to work in
the scratch area. He has to get a separate build from the main tree, put
that in to his scratch and do changes and ...... So its reasonable from his
side to put that in the main src area.

Plus, as we do, we can always scrap whatever we do and start over again. But
putting MTOM stuff in to the main tree will not hinder that. You can always
do changes, and do whatever there too. Even Axis 2 it self is in that state.
And MTOM stuff Thilina has done is mature enough to go in to the main src
area.

So I propose, we should put that in the main src area, as Dims has also
proposed. (At least that will make Thilina's life easier).

Shall We ??

Thilina, better if you can create wiki on MTOM and put whatever
documentation there.

Regards,
Chinthaka

Since MTOM is a major turn, my guess is we

Re: [Axis2] MTOM Patch

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,
I am definitley +1 for having Thilina as a commiter. He has done good
code and I have no doubt that he is the guy to MTOMize OM.
However I am still 0- on integrating the code to the main stream
*right now*. I've looked at Thilinas MTOM architecture and in my view
it is the most reasonable MTOM implementation we can do on OM.But I
strongly think we should wait till the F2F to discuss MTOM in bit more
detail and then do it. Since MTOM is a major turn, my guess is we

--
Ajith Ranabahu

Re: [VOTE][axis2] Thilina for Axis2 commiter

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Here's my +1 for Thilina

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com>.
+1, welcome abroad

Re: [VOTE][axis2] Thilina for Axis2 commiter [Re: [Axis2] MTOM Patch

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.
Hi Venkat,
First of all Thanks for ur vote :).
At the moment there is no SAAJ implementation for AXIS2. In any case
if somebody wants to have a SAAJ implementation for AXIS2 , hopefully
they'll be able to get it done by writing a wrapper for this MTOM
impl.:)

regards,
-Thilina
thilina@opensource.lk

Posted by Venkat Reddy <vr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
+1!

Sanjiva.

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.
+1 for Thilina as a committer.

Welcome aboard !!! ;)

-- Chinthaka

Posted by Jaliya Ekanayake <ja...@opensource.lk>.
Here is my +1 for Thilina

Thanks,

Jaliya

Posted by Dasarath Weeratunge <da...@yahoo.com>.
+1

Posted by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>.

RE: [Axis2] MTOM Patch

Posted by Chathura Herath <ch...@opensource.lk>.

Re: [Axis2] MTOM Patch

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.

RE: [Axis2] MTOM Patch

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.

Re: [Axis2] MTOM Patch

Re: [Axis2] MTOM Patch

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi dims,
Well I don't think we should commit MTOM stuff directly into the main
area. Since we have not yet agreed officially on any MTOM
representation mechanism, my guess is we should keep it in the scratch
area for the time being.
(Actually that is why we did not commit it in the main area in the
first place :))

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 08:01:35 -0500, Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> can someone integrate the mtom stuff into the main area?
>
> -- dims
>
> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 16:54:15 +0600, Thilina Gunarathne
> <cs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Please apply the patch to scratch/thilina/mtom folder.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Thilina.

Ajith Ranabahu

Re: [Axis2] MTOM Patch