Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Ηλίας Κυράννας <il...@gmail.com> on 2021/03/16 21:04:46 UTC

GSoC with the Synapse project

Hello,

I am a PhD student and I would like to participate in the GSoC with the
Synapse project. I attach my cv for your reference. I find the
"Containerization of Integration Framework" interesting and I have been
working extensively with the technologies in the requirements. I would like
to ask a few things:
- "Reduce memory footprint of Synapse": Is there an already traced part of
the codebase that could be altered in order to reduce the footprint or a
task could be drawn out of this to run an analysis? If so, is there a
preferred tool?
- "Create docker, Kubernetes artifacts": Is there a preference on the
docker base images to be used (e.g. alpine to achieve smaller footprint)?
For the kubernetes artifacts is it ok if we use helm charts or do we need
to keep it simple with plain yaml manifests?
I would be available to start contributing by now if it is the preferred
way to expose my work.

Best regards,
Ilias Kyrannas

Re: Containerisation of integration framework

Posted by Vanjikumaran Sivajothy <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ilias,

Currently, GSOC started to accept the application.
If you need any help in understanding the issue and problem statement, we
are happy to help you.

Best regards,
Vanji

--
Best Regards,
Vanji

Re: Containerisation of integration framework

Posted by Vanjikumaran Sivajothy <va...@apache.org>.
Hi Ilias,
Thank you for your interest and for reaching out to the developer community
of apache Synapse.
Currently, we have not done any active work on Reducing the memory
footprint nor containerization effort. Therefore this GSOC project would be
the very first stepping stone towards achieving these results.

As a part of this project, contributors need to do the RnD and find the
appropriate approaches to solve this problem. However I would
highly recommend you follow the timeline given by GSOC 2021 timelines [1]
to make this program much more effective.

Please note that your application process starts March 30, 2021.

[1]https://community.apache.org/gsoc.html

Posted by Ηλίας Κυράννας <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello again,

Any followup on that?