Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com> on 2019/11/04 10:53:45 UTC

dtd anomaly

here is a bug i cannot shake in when building lucene/site

inside lucene/src/main/xml/ENTITY_TermQuery.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE TermQuery [
<!ENTITY internalTerm "sumitomo">
<!ENTITY externalTerm SYSTEM "http://www.bar.xyz/external">
<!ENTITY % myParameterEntity "http://www.bar.xyz/param">

using ant build.xml:
 <!--
      The XSL input file is ignored completely, but XSL expects one to be given,
      so we pass ourself (${ant.file}) here. The list of module build.xmls is given
      via string parameter, that must be splitted by the XSL at '|'.
    -->
    <xslt in="${ant.file}" out="${javadoc.dir}/index.html" style="site/xsl/index.xsl" force="true">
      <outputproperty name="method" value="html"/>
      <outputproperty name="version" value="4.0"/>
      <outputproperty name="encoding" value="UTF-8"/>
      <outputproperty name="indent" value="yes"/>
      <param name="buildfiles" expression="${process-webpages.buildfiles}"/>
      <param name="version" expression="${version}"/>
      <param name="defaultCodec" expression="${defaultCodec}"/>
    </xslt>

OR maven pom.xml
  <plugin>
        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
   <artifactId>xml-maven-plugin</artifactId>
           <version>1.0.1</version>
           <executions>
            <execution>
                 <id>validate</id>
                        <phase>initialize</phase>
                        <goals>
                         <goal>transform</goal>
                        </goals>
                        <configuration>
                           <forceCreation>true</forceCreation>
                           <skip>false</skip>
                           <outputDirectory>${project.build.directory}/target</outputDirectory>
     <transformationSets>
       <transformationSet>
  <dir>src/main/xml</dir>
  <stylesheet>C:/Maven-plugin/lucene-solr/lucene/site/xsl/index.xsl</stylesheet>
  <parameters>
   <parameter>
     <name>MyParam</name>
     <value>true</value>
   </parameter>
       </parameters>
       </transformationSet>
     </transformationSets>
           </configuration>
           </execution>
       </executions>
       <dependencies>
        <dependency>
         <groupId>net.sf.saxon</groupId>
         <artifactId>Saxon-HE</artifactId>
         <version>9.9.1-1</version>
        </dependency>
       </dependencies>
      </plugin>

either build executing XSLT i get the same error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:xml-maven-plugin:1.0.1:transform (validate) on project analysis: Failed to transform input file lucene/src/main/xml/ENTITY_TermQuery.xml: I/O error reported by XML parser processing file://lucene/src/main/xml/ENTITY_TermQuery.xml: www.bar.xyz:
Unknown host www.bar.xyz
]>

apparently www.bar.xyz<http://www.bar.xyz/> host is supposed to be a placeholder
but for the life of me I cannot see where www.bar.zyz<http://www.bar.zyz/> placeholder is replaced by a valid URL

(i havent used DTD in at least 10 years and i am way out of my element when trying to resolve)
any suggestions?
martin

Re: dtd anomaly

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
> the attempt here is to run the entire build from start to finish with no errors

Do you want to build lucene-java from source?

git clone https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr.git <https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr.git> && cd lucene-solr/lucene && ant

If you are attempting something else, please describe what you try to achieve, and step by step what you do to get there

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

Re: dtd anomaly

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.

________________________________

[...]

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:xml-maven-plugin:1.0.1:transform (validate) on project analysis: Failed to transform input file lucene/src/main/xml/ENTITY_TermQuery.xml: I/O error reported by XML parser processing file://lucene/src/main/xml/ENTITY_TermQuery.xml: www.bar.xyz<http://www.bar.xyz>:

Re: dtd anomaly

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
if i delete the invalid host DTD
ENTITY_TermQuery.xml from xslt input folder everything works

thanks uwe

[...]

Achterdiek 19, 28357 Bremen
https://www.thetaphi.de

Re: dtd anomaly