Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by ni...@hotmail.com on 2008/10/30 04:51:46 UTC

POST encoding not working for "+" character

I am using HTTP Request HTTPClient sampler and I cannot get it to correctly encode a POST of a parameter value that includes a "+" character ... instead it send a space in its place.  I've tried every encoding option available on the screen and it still sends a space instead of + to the server, which blows up the request.  The default encoding is ISO-8859-1, but I've tried every option available including turning encoding off.

Any suggestions or workarounds?

--
This message was sent on behalf of nickvalo@hotmail.com at openSubscriber.com
http://www.opensubscriber.com/messages/jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org/topic.html

Re: POST encoding not working for "+" character

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 30/10/2008, nickvalo@hotmail.com <ni...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I figured out the problem.  This only happens if I use the HTML Link Parser for the value.  The value is a a security token passed back to the server and it seems like it was only a problem for the plus character ... slashes were OK, not sure about other special characters.  In any case, I tried to capture it and send it back to the server using the regular expression extractor and it worked.
>
>  Not sure if this is by design ... if so, it should probably be documented.  If not, should I log it as a bug?

Yes, please log as a bug. It would be helpful to attach a sample JMX
file that shows the error.

Posted by ni...@hotmail.com.