Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Till Gartner <ti...@cardxchange.net> on 2000/11/18 15:29:37 UTC

One user -> 2 parallel threads

Hi mail list,

we encounter the following problem with Tomcat. From time to time a browser
request seems to be handled by two threads from tomcat in parallel. Our own
log from java servlets shows entries of different threads doing the same
task for the same user, wich are just some milli secs apart.

We are running Apache and Tomcat on Linux and configured Tomcat with:

        <Connector className="org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector">
            <Parameter name="handler"
value="org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler"/>
            <Parameter name="port" value="8007"/>
	    <Parameter name="max_threads" value="150"/>
	    <Parameter name="max_spare_threads" value="50"/>
	    <Parameter name="min_spare_threads" value="20"/>
        </Connector>

Any idea what the reason could be or how we could get rid of that?

Have a nice week end,
-- Till.

Re: One user -> 2 parallel threads

Posted by William Brogden <wb...@bga.com>.
Undoubtedly the user clicked twice on the button or link and
actually created two requests.

--
WBB - wbrogden@bga.com
Author of Java Developer's Guide to Servlets and JSP