Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Joe Mihalich <jm...@questerra.com> on 2002/05/16 23:41:58 UTC

Hard Directory location for image

            Hi,

               Is there a way to specify a hard directory location for
an image
            Tag in SVG so Batik can find it?  I tried this (which works
in the adobe svg viewer) but
            Batik choked and displayed the default image it renders if
it can't
            Load an image.

                 <image id="image1"
xlink:href="d:\tools\batik\batik-1.1.1\test.jpg" width="10" height="10"
x="0" y="0" />

               By the way, I tried it with all combinations of forward
and backward
            Slashes.

               I'm using a Java app I wrote that uses the standard
Rasterizer that ships with
            Batik.  I build an SVG file locally which generates the line
above which needs to access
files on the local drive, not from a http url.

            Thanks,
            Joe

Re: Hard Directory location for image

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Joe Mihalich wrote:
>                  <image id="image1"
> xlink:href="d:\tools\batik\batik-1.1.1\test.jpg" width="10" height="10"
> x="0" y="0" />

You specified a file name where the processor expects an URL.
Educate yourself about URLs for example here:
   http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2396.txt

Try
  xlink:href="file:///d:/tools/batik/batik-1.1.1/test.jpg"

J.Pietschmann

RE: Hard Directory location for image

Posted by Michael Bierman <mb...@yahoo.com>.
Did you try a relative path, rather than an absolute one?

for example,

xlink:href="..\batik\batik-1.1.1\test.jpg"

Just a thought.

Michael