Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mark A Christofferson <mc...@lsu.edu> on 2003/01/07 20:09:21 UTC

[users@httpd] IP Virtual Hosts DNS Entries

Could someone give me an example of the necessary DNS entries for an IP
VirtualHost, I have configured them on the FreeBSD unix platform and added
the extra IP Addresses to the network card using ifconfig.

Thanks,

Mark

Re: [users@httpd] IP Virtual Hosts DNS Entries

Posted by Paul Simon <wr...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Mark

You have the names pointing to the IP address via DNS?

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/ip-based.html

Let me know if that helps.

Paul

[users@httpd] CGI Execution problem

Posted by gcobb <gc...@midsouth.rr.com>.
Hello,

I've just installed Mandrake.  I'm getting permissions errors when
trying to run a cgi script from /var/www/cgi-bin.

I looked in the how-to docs and it explained the ScriptAlias which is in
commonhttpd.conf along with everything else that is mentioned.  I've
changed permissions for the directory and files to make sure they were
executable.  In my modules, it shows the cgi module included in the
configuration.  "apache" is the owner of the /cgi-bin/ dir.

I don't know what all else to check.  It's just telling me it can't
execute anything from that path listed above.  I also run the test-cgi
script from the shell and it shows the variables and = but nothing after
that.

If anyone could please help me with this I'd appreciate it greatly.  I'm
having to learn the hard way and I'm still kinda new to this.

Thanks a lot,
Greg