Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Jens Geyer <je...@apache.org> on 2022/06/09 07:12:38 UTC

uuids - contributions welcome

Hi all,

as you may have already noticed I created a uuid branch. Idea is to
complete it on that branch until we have a green CI and then merge
everything to master.

That goal needs some work on the various languages. Mainly, these are
the tasks to do when implementing uuids

  * complete the generator to create valid code for TYPE_UUID
  * implement writeUuid() and readUuid() at TProtocol and derived classes
  * implement testUuid() in both Test Suite server and client
  * validate the results, especially ensure proper network byte order

Altough not strictly required, it turned out to be handy if the Test
Suite client could send something along of
'00112233-4455-6677-8899-aabbccddeeff' to test for proper byte ordering
when running against other languages (cross test). See also [1] for an
explanation.

Contributions welcome!

Questions? Please ask!

Have fun,
JensG

[1] https://stackoverflow.com/questions/10190817

Re: uuids - contributions welcome

Posted by Jiayu Liu <ji...@hey.com.INVALID>.
I put up changes for Java (and Kotlin) here:
https://github.com/apache/thrift/pull/2621