Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Bryan <xu...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/02 10:44:20 UTC

Re: Show enties in category of default frontpage weblog

Thanks for ur reply Dave.
Actually, I've already did that before I met this problem. And the enties
did presented in the frontpage(via default Weblog.vm).
And the question is when I made a new page(a .vm file in frontpage theme
folder) for my own customized page. The code does not work. This has
confused me a long period of time.

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On 1/2/07, Bryan <xu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for ur reply Dave.
> Actually, I've already did that before I met this problem. And the enties
> did presented in the frontpage(via default Weblog.vm).
> And the question is when I made a new page(a .vm file in frontpage theme
> folder) for my own customized page. The code does not work. This has
> confused me a long period of time.

I don't understand what you mean by "when I made a new page(a .vm file
in frontpage theme folder) for my own customized page. The code does
not work."

But, I'll take a guess...

If you want to add a new page to your front-page BLOG, you should be
using the Roller web UI to add a new page on the
Preferences->Templates page.

There's no need to add a new .vm file to the front-page THEME unless
you are creating an enhanced version of that theme for use in other
Roller systems.

- Dave