Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Kevin Roast <ke...@alfresco.org> on 2006/06/15 11:53:11 UTC

Problem extracing properties from Unicode/UTF-8 codepage files + patch to fix

Hello,

We are successfully using the POI library for meta-data extraction in
the Alfresco open-source ECM project.

A problem has been reported to us that properties such as Title,
Description and Author fail to get read correctly if the codepage used
in the office doc is Unicode or UTF-8. I have patched the code to
support these code pages during property reads. We are then able to read
properties in languages such as Japanese, Arabic, Cyrlic and Greek etc.

Find attached the .patch files against POI version 2.5.1.

Thanks,

Kevin
--
http://www.alfresco.org

 <<TypeReader.patch>>  <<Property.patch>>

Re: Problem extracing properties from Unicode/UTF-8 codepage files + patch to fix

Posted by Rainer Klute <kl...@apache.org>.
Am Donnerstag, den 15.06.2006, 10:53 +0100 schrieb Kevin Roast:
> Find attached the .patch files against POI version 2.5.1.

Could you please check if your patches are still needed with the latest
sources from the POI Subversion repository? If yes, please create a bug
at Bugzilla <http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/> and attach your patches
to it. Thanks!

Best regards
Rainer Klute

                           Rainer Klute IT-Consulting GmbH
  Dipl.-Inform.
  Rainer Klute             E-Mail:  klute@rainer-klute.de
  Körner Grund 24          Telefon: +49 172 2324824
D-44143 Dortmund           Telefax: +49 231 5349423

Public key fingerprint: E4E4386515EE0BED5C162FBB5343461584B5A42E