Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Michael Ni <mi...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/12 16:00:33 UTC

[users@httpd] virtualhost not picking up for non port 80

I'm having difficulty on windows XP getting a virtualhost to work with non
port 80.
it works when i use port 80 in the virtualhost but doesn't work with other
ports.
i have turned off my firewall, although this is private ip, shouldn't matter
i have tried ports 8080, 8888, 8000, and now with 8886.
when it doesn't match my virtualhost, it will redirect to the main
configuration servername automatically
if i turn off the all other "listen" and only keep "listen 8886", i will
just be unable to connect
i have searched all over the internet but i can't find the solution.

hope someone can help.

the following is my config

WINDOWS HOSTS FILE
------------------------------------
192.168.0.10    www.foobar.com

HTTPD.CONF
---------------------------------------
Listen 8886

HTTPD-VHOSTS.CONF

NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.10:8886

<VirtualHost 192.168.0.10:8886>

<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride none
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

   ServerName www.foobar.com
   DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Software
Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs"

</VirtualHost>

Re: [users@httpd] virtualhost not picking up for non port 80

Posted by Michael Ni <mi...@gmail.com>.
ok i found what was wrong,
so i checked out my code from SVN into htdocs folder out of convenience.
that was why the directory allow from all was failing and it was using the
main servername instead.

so the moral of this story is, do not use svn on the files/folders of your
documentroot
i lost 2 days of my life

Posted by Michael Ni <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Frank Gingras <fr...@gmail.com>.
Michael,

Posted by Michael Ni <mi...@gmail.com>.
yes my virtual host tag has 192.168.0.10:8886
and the listen directive was Listen 8886
i have NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.10:80 as well

Posted by Jason Nunnelley <ja...@jasonn.com>.

Posted by Michael Ni <mi...@gmail.com>.
tried it, still doesn't work,

Posted by alin vasile <al...@yahoo.com>.
in httpd.conf it shouldn't be

Listen 192.168.0.10:8886?

________________________________

Posted by Michael Ni <mi...@gmail.com>.
yes i have

Posted by Frank Gingras <fr...@gmail.com>.
Michael,

Posted by Michael Ni <mi...@gmail.com>.
i added log in virtual host
   ErrorLog "logs/asdf-error.log"
   CustomLog "logs/asdf-access.log" common

when i tried again, nothing shows up on both

i also did a httpd -S and got the following

C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\bin>httpd -S
VirtualHost configuration:
192.168.0.10:8886      is a NameVirtualHost
         default server www.foobar.com (C:/Program Files/Apache Software
Foundat
ion/Apache2.2/conf/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf:52)
         port 8886 namevhost www.foobar.com (C:/Program Files/Apache
Software Fo

Posted by "[triplepack] info (info@pack3.ch)" <in...@pack3.ch>.