Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Caccia, Marco" <ma...@hp.com> on 2004/11/24 14:27:29 UTC

Issue using Saxon with Cocoon

Hi Cocoon users!,

For performance improvement I substituted Xalan with Saxon in Cocooon
2.0.3.
Performance are indeed much better (in particular CPU usage is highly
reduced).......but now I get some random NullPointerException from
Cocoon (see below).

Have you ever experienced such a problem ? Any suggestion ? is there any
specific trick to consider in moving from Xalan to Saxon (I'm using
Saxon 6.5.3) ?

I need to move my app to production asap, so any possible hint will be
highly appreciated!

Thk in advance.

Kind Regards
Marco Caccia

"ERROR   (2004-11-24) 11:55.26:506   [sitemap] (/ercam/efr_dfre/)
HttpProcessor[8080][16]/PipelineNode: error notifier barfs
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.:
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingStreamPipeline.process(Cach
ingStreamPipeline.java:414)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SerializeNode.invoke(
SerializeNode.java:153)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.
invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:109)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ContainerNode.invoke(Containe
rNode.java:70)