Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andoni <an...@eurokom.ie> on 2005/11/09 19:10:41 UTC

Is timestamp feature of Logger in 4.1.31 broken?

Hi,

I have just recently installed Tomcat 4.1.31 and now I find that all my log files have timestamps whether or not I have included timestamp="true" in the logger.  In fact they even have it if I have specified timestamp="false" which is documented as being the default.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a known bug in 4.1.31?

Andoni.

Re: Is timestamp feature of Logger in 4.1.31 broken?

Posted by Andoni <an...@eurokom.ie>.
Sorry, just banging my head off the wall too much to think about things straight!

Apologies to any Tomcat developers reading this! What I did was turn off time-stamp but what I was trying to do was have no date element to the logfile's *name*. I didn't realise that the timestamp="true" refers to the logged lines inside the file and not to the date element of the file name.

Thanks for your help anyway Mark.

Andoni.
  > I have just recently installed Tomcat 4.1.31 and now I find that all my log files have timestamps whether or not I have included timestamp="true" in the logger.  In fact they even have it if I have specified timestamp="false" which is documented as being the default.
  >
  > Am I doing something wrong or is this a known bug in 4.1.31?

  Works for me. Looks like you are doing something wrong. There are
  loggers set at several levels in server.xml Make sure the lower level
  ones are set to timestamp="false" as well.

  Mark

Re: Is timestamp feature of Logger in 4.1.31 broken?

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.