Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Simon McMahon <si...@health.qld.gov.au> on 2005/12/07 01:45:08 UTC

[Axis2] - installation problem and upgrade from [Axis1.3]

Hi,

I have previously been working with 1.3 and have some services deployed
and working OK under that.

I just installed Axis2 (axis2-M2-bin build (June 07, 2005)) on XP,
Tomcat 4.1.31, Java 1.4.2_08.

It installed just fine and I got the Axis happiness page as expected.

I have my own service for Axis 1.3 but to install it for 2 I need a
service.xml to complete the .aar
It is a pretty simple service and the wsdd is:

<deployment name="test" xmlns="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/"
  <service name="qh-providers" provider="java:RPC">
    <parameter name="className"
value="au.gov.qld.health.s8online.providerdir.ProviderService"/>
    <parameter name="wsdlServicePort" value="GetProvider"/>
  </service>
</deployment>

I just guessed this content for the service.xml:
<service name="qh-providers">
	<description>Provider Search Web Service</description>
	<parameter name="ServiceClass"
locked="xsd:false">au.gov.qld.health.s8online.providerdir.ProviderService</parameter>
	<operation name="GetProvider">
		<messageReceiver
class="au.gov.qld.health.s8online.providerdir.ProviderService"/>
	</operation>
</service>

I put this into the meta-inf directory in the .aar and deployed it to
D:\Tomcat\4.1.31\webapps\axis2\WEB-INF\services
It found the .aar and my service but came up as a faulty service with

This Web service has deployment faults
Error: service.xml not found

The service.xml is definitely in the meta-inf of the .aar but the
content is pretty likely to be wrong. Any suggestions on how I can
trouble shoot this?

Regards,

Simon.

Simon McMahon

Work: (07) 31311420
Mobile: (043) 2294180

This email, including any attachments sent with it, is
confidential and for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).
This confidentiality is not waived or lost, if you receive it and
you are not the intended recipient(s), or if it is transmitted/
received in error.

Any unauthorised use, alteration, disclosure, distribution or
review of this email is strictly prohibited.  The information
contained in this email, including any attachment sent with
it, may be subject to a statutory duty of confidentiality if it
relates to health service matters.

If you are not the intended recipient(s), or if you have
received this email in error, you are asked to immediately
notify the sender by telephone collect on Australia
+61 1800 198 175 or by return email.  You should also
delete this email, and any copies, from your computer
system network and destroy any hard copies produced.

If not an intended recipient of this email, you must not copy,
distribute or take any action(s) that relies on it; any form of
disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this
email is also prohibited.

Although Queensland Health takes all reasonable steps to
ensure this email does not contain malicious software,
Queensland Health does not accept responsibility for the
consequences if any person's computer inadvertently suffers
any disruption to services, loss of information, harm or is
infected with a virus, other malicious computer programme or
code that may occur as a consequence of receiving this
email.

Unless stated otherwise, this email represents only the views
of the sender and not the views of the Queensland Government.

Re: [Axis2] - installation problem and upgrade from [Axis1.3]

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.
I think Deepal fixed this in later releases.

BTW, Simon, we have come a long long way since M2. The latest 0.93
version is much more flexible, stable, feature rich and blah blah blah
than M2 (Obviously).

So please try to play with 0.93 forgetting M2.

Posted by Chathura Herath <ch...@gmail.com>.