Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Markus Kramer <Ma...@web.de> on 2008/09/27 12:27:18 UTC

Can i run Forrest with Java 1.6?

Hello all,

i have a question to Apache Forrest ;)

i have Java 1.6 and had read, that forrest only runs with java 1.4?

Is this right?

Or can anybody tell me, how i can run forrest under java 1.6?

thanks a lot.

Markus
Schon gehört? Bei WEB.DE gibt' s viele kostenlose Spiele:
http://games.entertainment.web.de/de/entertainment/games/free/index.html

Re: Can i run Forrest with Java 1.6?

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Markus Kramer wrote:
> >
> >i have Java 1.6 and had read, that forrest only runs with java 1.4?
>
> Where did you read that. I seem to recall that the 0.8 release was fully
> tested on java 1.5.

It might be a misinterpreation of our README.txt
"A Java 1.4 or later compatible virtual machine
for your operating system."

> >Or can anybody tell me, how i can run forrest under java 1.6?
>
> I use SVN head, before we recently changed Cocoon versions it ran fine
> on JDK 1.6. I'm not sure about the current head as it has a bug on
> Windows which is probably not related to JDK 1.6
>
> However, Forrest does not *officially* support JDK 1.6 so your mileage
> may vary (there are some reports of problems in the archives)

Markus, please see the following issue. Is that the
problem that you encounter?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-984
"validate-sitemap target fails relaxng validation
on some JDK 1.6: missing datatypes"

-David

Re: Can i run Forrest with Java 1.6?

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Markus Kramer wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> i have a question to Apache Forrest ;)
>
> i have Java 1.6 and had read, that forrest only runs with java 1.4?

Where did you read that. I seem to recall that the 0.8 release was fully
tested on java 1.5.

> Or can anybody tell me, how i can run forrest under java 1.6?

I use SVN head, before we recently changed Cocoon versions it ran fine
on JDK 1.6. I'm not sure about the current head as it has a bug on
Windows which is probably not related to JDK 1.6

However, Forrest does not *officially* support JDK 1.6 so your mileage
may vary (there are some reports of problems in the archives)

Ross