Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/26 21:38:46 UTC

[VOTE] Release Maven Archiver 2.5, Maven Jar Plugin 2.4, Maven War Plugin 2.2 and Maven Assembly Plugin 2.3, Take2

Hi,

We solved a bunch of issues issues, mostly spread across underlying
dependencies. No significant new features, but
the version bump is because all plugins are java 1.5 versions.

Notes:
1) The jenkins build will be failing until this release passes.
(jar/war/assembly depend on maven-archiver)
2) plexus-archiver has switched to using the JDK manifest class in
this release, which might be worth some attention when testing.
3) The list of changes in plexus is by no means complete, just focused
on changes in plexus-archiver.

   The assembly-plugin had plexus dependencies from back when the
dinosaurs ruled the earth, which  means this release should be rid
of quite a few bugs, including some threading issues.

java7 file attribute support is also used on *nix for all of these
plugins with this release.

Release Notes - Maven 2.x WAR Plugin - Version 2.2

** Bug
   * [MWAR-240] - archiveClasses and attachClasses in 2.1
   * [MWAR-248] - Plugin warns about missing webxml attribute even if
one exists

** Improvement
   * [MWAR-252] - Missing documentation: Overlay filter
   * [MWAR-268] - Upgrade plexus dependencies for war plugin
   * [MWAR-273] - Add Maven version used to Created-By entry in manifest

** Wish
   * [MWAR-81] - Request enhancement to pattern matching for
packagingIncludes/packagingExcludes functionality (regular
expressions?)

Release Notes - Maven 2.x JAR Plugin - Version 2.4

** Bug
   * [MJAR-69] - When 'index' and 'addClasspath' are both true, plugin fails.

** Improvement
   * [MJAR-139] - New option to avoid empty jar creation
   * [MJAR-148] - Add Maven version used to Created-By entry in manifest
   * [MJAR-149] - Maven Jar Plugin requires JDK5

Release Notes - Maven 2.x Assembly Plugin - Version 2.3

** Bug
   * [MASSEMBLY-588] - Build fails because of 'ls -1nlaR /'
   * [MASSEMBLY-595] - Tar file contains world-writeable files when
fileSets with and without fileMode are mixed

** Improvement
   * [MASSEMBLY-548] - Improve documentation for filters parameter

Release Notes - Maven Shared Components - Version maven-archiver-2.5

** Bug
   * [MSHARED-38] - Archiver should be adding "Created-By: Apache
Maven _2.0.4_" to the manifest
   * [MSHARED-134] - Using ${artifcactId}-Extention-Name in MANIFEST
file can create invalid MANIFEST files
   * [MSHARED-182] - manifestEntry seems not to work correctly

** Improvement
   * [MSHARED-99] - Archiver should validate manifest attribute names.
   * [MSHARED-221] - maven archiver requires JDK5

Release Notes - Plexus Components - Version plexus-archiver-2.1

** Bug
   * [PLXCOMP-39] - better validation of manifest entries in plexus-archiver
   * [PLXCOMP-47] - Manifest entries containing line feeds are invalid
   * [PLXCOMP-70] - Embedded error: String index out of range: 70
   * [PLXCOMP-155] - writeManifest generates unusable MANIFEST.MF for
non-latin chars
   * [PLXCOMP-177] - JarArchiver generates lines longer than 72 bytes
in MANIFEST.MF

** Task
   * [PLXCOMP-172] - remove Ant's Manifest class: use JDK's class instead

Release Notes - Plexus Components - Version plexus-archiver-2.0

** Bug
   * [PLXCOMP-163] - ZipFile leaks memory into native heap
   * [PLXCOMP-175] - Revert to old groupId

** Improvement
   * [PLXCOMP-129] - Archiver should not print info messages for
duplicate directories.
   * [PLXCOMP-169] - IO & Archiver forget to raise filename in case of an error

There are still plenty of issues left in JIRA on all components.

Staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-141/

Staging site:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-jar-plugin-2.5
http://maven.apache.org/shared/maven-archiver-2.5/
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin-2.2/
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin-2.3/

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven Archiver 2.5, Maven Jar Plugin 2.4, Maven War Plugin 2.2 and Maven Assembly Plugin 2.3, Take2

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@zenior.no>.
ping^2

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
4 * +1

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
+1

S.

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Maven Archiver 2.5, Maven Jar Plugin 2.4, Maven War Plugin 2.2 and Maven Assembly Plugin 2.3, Take2

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@apache.org>.
Hi,
The vote has passed with the following result :

+1 (binding): Olivier, Stephane, Stephen, John, Kristian

I will promote the artifacts to the central repo.

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven Archiver 2.5, Maven Jar Plugin 2.4, Maven War Plugin 2.2 and Maven Assembly Plugin 2.3, Take2

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
+1 * 4

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
+1 * 4

On 1/26/12 3:38 PM, Kristian Rosenvold wrote:
> [...]
>     * [PLXCOMP-70] - Embedded error: String index out of range: 70
>     * [PLXCOMP-155] - writeManifest generates unusable MANIFEST.MF for
> non-latin chars
>     * [PLXCOMP-177] - JarArchiver generates lines longer than 72 bytes
> in MANIFEST.MF
>
> ** Task
>     * [PLXCOMP-172] - remove Ant's Manifest class: use JDK's class instead
>

> Release Notes - Plexus Components - Version plexus-archiver-2.0
>
> ** Bug
>     * [PLXCOMP-163] - ZipFile leaks memory into native heap
>     * [PLXCOMP-175] - Revert to old groupId
>
> ** Improvement
>     * [PLXCOMP-129] - Archiver should not print info messages for
> duplicate directories.
>     * [PLXCOMP-169] - IO&  Archiver forget to raise filename in case of an error
>

> There are still plenty of issues left in JIRA on all components.

John Casey
Developer, PMC Chair - Apache Maven (http://maven.apache.org)
Blog: http://www.johnofalltrades.name/

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven Archiver 2.5, Maven Jar Plugin 2.4, Maven War Plugin 2.2 and Maven Assembly Plugin 2.3, Take2

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@gmail.com>.
ping