Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Bernie Durfee <be...@suny.edu> on 2006/04/06 23:26:19 UTC

[users@httpd] W3C Extended Log Format

Is there a way to have Apache 2.2 output access logs in W3C "Extended Log Format"? I'm specifically trying to get
elapsed request time into the log, in a standard way, so that I can pick the value up in WebTrends 7. It seems like the
W3C format is the only way that it can get into the log and be picked up by WebTrends. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bernie

Re: [users@httpd] W3C Extended Log Format

Posted by Antoine Prevosto <an...@gmail.com>.
I use the combined log format, with the elapsed request time as the last
element.
My LogFormat directive is :

LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\" %D"
combined

The %D stands for "Time taken to serve the request, in microseconds"

the result log entry is, for example :

192.168.1.100 - - [01/Mar/2006:17:31:00 +0100] "GET /jsp-examples/ HTTP/1.1"
200 16576 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fr; rv:1.8.0.1)
Gecko/20060 111 Firefox/1.5.0.1" 6560

The custom log format is described in
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_log_config.html#formats

Rgds