Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Jonathan M. Hollin" <ne...@digital-word.com> on 2001/10/31 13:34:40 UTC

Unpredictable Effects after Upload...

Hello all,

Platform:  Windows 2000, Apache, mod_perl

Problem:  When submitting forms that include files (uploads) my script
becomes very unpredictable - CGI.pm doesn't seem to be able to recognise any
data that's passed as part of the query string (it does still process form
input though) once a file has been uploaded.  Submit the same form but
without attaching a file and everything works perfectly.  There is nothing
in the error logs to indicate what the problem might by (I'm using the -w
flag).

Can anyone offer any insight into what might me going on here?

Jonathan M. Hollin - WYPUG Co-ordinator
West Yorkshire Perl User Group
http://wypug.pm.org/

Re: Unpredictable Effects after Upload...

Posted by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net>.
I dunno - I recently fixed a problem with the upload_hook that was making a
similar problem...  Tell me: is there anything weird in the error_log right
after the upload?  Perhaps the file is not being parsed properly...

  Issac

Internet is a wonderful mechanism for making a fool of
yourself in front of a very large audience.
  --Anonymous

Moving the mouse won't get you into trouble...  Clicking it might.
  --Anonymous

PGP Key 0xE0FA561B - Fingerprint:
7E18 C018 D623 A57B 7F37 D902 8C84 7675 E0FA 561B

Posted by "Ken Y. Clark" <kc...@logsoft.com>.
On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Jonathan M. Hollin wrote:

> Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 12:34:40 -0000
> From: Jonathan M. Hollin <ne...@digital-word.com>
> To: modperl@apache.org
> Subject: Unpredictable Effects after Upload...
>

> Hello all,
>
> Platform:  Windows 2000, Apache, mod_perl
>
> Problem:  When submitting forms that include files (uploads) my script
> becomes very unpredictable - CGI.pm doesn't seem to be able to recognise any
> data that's passed as part of the query string (it does still process form
> input though) once a file has been uploaded.  Submit the same form but
> without attaching a file and everything works perfectly.  There is nothing
> in the error logs to indicate what the problem might by (I'm using the -w
> flag).
>
> Can anyone offer any insight into what might me going on here?
>
> Jonathan M. Hollin - WYPUG Co-ordinator
> West Yorkshire Perl User Group
> http://wypug.pm.org/

Jonathan,

Please try using Apache::Request instead of CGI.pm.  Furthermore, look
into Apache::Upload.  I'll bet these modules will fix your problems.
`perldoc` those modules (install them if you have to) and also read
The Guide (tm) for more information:

    http://perl.apache.org/guide/

ky