Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Paul J. Lucas" <pa...@mac.com> on 2008/01/09 19:24:45 UTC

Suppressing packages from javadoc

I want to create the javadoc for a bunch of packages except, say,
foo.*.  I've tried various combinations of fileset, packageset,
include, exclude, and excludepackage.  I can get foo.* excluded, but
then javadoc gives warnings that it can't find any class under foo.*
when other classes refer to it (as arguments, return types, or in
javadoc).

What I want is to get rid of the warnings that it can't find foo.*
(so, include foo.* in the packages during the javadoc run), but I
don't want any javadoc generated for them.  Stated another way: I
simply want to suppress javadoc generation for foo.* but have other
classes that refer to classes under foo.* to produce javadoc without
warning.

If there are any @link or @see tags that refer to foo.*, then I
simply want the <a href in the generated HTML to be omitted (just
like when javadoc doesn't  know the location of some classes).

Is this possible?  If so, how, exactly?  Thanks.

- Paul