Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ben <ne...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/12 13:59:20 UTC

FormFile.getContentType and IE

Hi

It seems like the FormFile.getContentType method doesn't return
anything when uploading file using Internet Explorer 6 SP2. The method
returns correct result when I use Firefox or Opera browsers to upload
file.

I am calling this method in an Action, no validation or anything.

Is this a known problem? How can I get around this?

Thanks,
Ben

Re: FormFile.getContentType and IE

Posted by Alexandre Simon <le...@newel.net>.
Ben wrote:

>Hi
>
>It seems like the FormFile.getContentType method doesn't return
>anything when uploading file using Internet Explorer 6 SP2. The method
>returns correct result when I use Firefox or Opera browsers to upload
>file.

IE does not send anything to server, or application/octet-stream (EVEN
with office documents...). It is not struts fault.
What I do is an extension to ContentType mapping when receiving null or
application/octet-stream...