Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Stephen Levinson <St...@sun.com> on 2001/09/05 18:13:50 UTC

Logging with SocketAppender

hi all...

	I'm using SocketAppender to log tracing.

	Is there any way to add Class Name & line information to my trace
output?...
	(SocketAppender doesn't use a Layout...)

Thanks in advance, Stephen

filter on appenders, not on category

Posted by Alain RAVET <ar...@cirb.irisnet.be>.
Hi,
Is it possible to "filter" by target (appender), and not by source (category).

Example :
I want to send logs
  - of all 5 priorities to chainsaw (where I can filter easily)
  - of ERROR and FATAL priorities to the ConsoleAppender

Is this possible ?

Alain Ravet
Brussels, Belgium

This mail has been checked by exiscan.
To be safe, please scan the mail attachements with your local virus scanner !