Posted to user@kylin.apache.org by 李巍 <lw...@fhzz.com.cn> on 2017/11/15 03:30:31 UTC

A problem when I build a cube

Hi all.

Sometimes, I met a problem when I build a cube in both step 3 and step 7, the logs were same 'no counters for job'. I found that both these cubes had nearly 20 mersures(dimensions were only 2 or 3).

So, kylin doesn't support too many columns either in dimensions or measures, right?

And another question:
How to deal with the columns with very big Cardinality?

Re: A problem when I build a cube

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.
When getting 'no counters for job' error, you need to check the root cause
in YARN resource manager, to see what's the error that job reported.

Kylin can support much more measures (I have seen a cube with 200
measures). And it can support tens of dimensions in one cube; If using more
derived dimension, it can support more. In your case, I don't see it
reached the upper limit, you need do more investigation.

--
Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋