Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Brill Pappin <br...@pappin.ca> on 2009/04/01 15:57:27 UTC

Extending wicket for non webapp implementations

I'd love to use wicket as a more general template library.
My immediate problem is that I need to build email template library.

Has anyone done an extension that would allow it to process non HTML
files?

- Brill Pappin

Re: Extending wicket for non webapp implementations

Posted by Erik van Oosten <e....@grons.nl>.
Tip: search for rendering to String.

Regards,
    Erik.

--
Erik van Oosten
http://day-to-day-stuff.blogspot.com/

Re: Extending wicket for non webapp implementations

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Re: AW: Extending wicket for non webapp implementations

Posted by Brill Pappin <br...@pappin.ca>.
Yah, I'm digging in the source right now.

A basic email is one thing, but I was really interested in the nice
clean 1:1 relationship between resource and code along with the nice
basic components like list etc.
All you'd really need to do is extend page and create a new type,
however being what it is, its very much tied to the servlet container
and its session, which is only partly useful in the same of an
EmailPage.

After a quick check, I'm thinking that it's not the best solution
because of its dependency on the servlet spec... but still I dream.

- Brill

Posted by Christian Helmbold <ch...@yahoo.de>.