Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Alfie Kirkpatrick <Al...@ioko.com> on 2009/08/11 11:37:01 UTC

Page lifecycle and ComponentClassTransformWorker

Hi, I am attempting to implement an annotation for page classes and
corresponding ComponentClassTransformWorker for this. I'm using
IncludeJavaScriptLibraryWorker and the AbstractIncludeAssetWorker base
class as an example.

The problem I'm facing is that the custom perform() method I'm creating
is called relatively late in the page lifecycle. Specifically it's
called after the onActivate() method of my class and I need it to be
called earlier.

Is there a simple way to have my worker code executed earlier in the
lifecycle?

Thanks, Alfie.

Re: Page lifecycle and ComponentClassTransformWorker

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi!

While implementing a security package for Tapestry, I faced the same
issue. Then Robert, Howard and Massimo gave me the solution: my
ComponentClassTransformWorker sets a meta property (model.setMeta(String,
String)) that is used by a Dispatcher. The code is here:
http://ars-machina.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/ars-machina/tapestry-security/trunk/.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://www.arsmachina.com.br/thiago