Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Jihoon Kim <ji...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/26 02:52:01 UTC

[PROPOSAL] MyFaces Alchemy as a subproject under MyFaces

Hi!

I know we went through this step previously, but since I wanted to
align as closely as possible to the Apache way; I am starting this
post regarding the Proposal of MyFaces Alchemy subproject within the
Incubator.

As mentioned in a previous post by Gerhard, this subproject will
contain component libraries such as MyFacesFlex
[https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMAHAWK-1250] which will
bridge Web 2.0 technologies as JSF components.

I have mocked up a proposal within the following Incubator's Wiki link =>
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/MyFacesAlchemyProposal

Any feedback or correction is appreciated.  After seven days of
conversation regarding this proposal, if all questions have been
addressed, I will initiate the voting to have MyFaces group as an
official Sponsor of this subproject. Then if the results of the vote
is affirmative, I request that the Sponsor [MyFaces] to
(1)  propose to the Incubator PMC that the project be accepted by the
Incubator as a Podling
(2)  assign Mentors to this project [Mentors must be members of the
Incubator PMC]

Matthias has kindly offered in being a mentor/champion for this
subproject within the Incubator.

Special thanks to following group of people in the previous posts with
their feedback and if any are interested in being members of this
subproject please modify the Wiki :
Gerhard Petracek
Glauco P. Gomes
Grant Smith
Hazem Saleh
Mario Ivankovits
Scott O'Bryan
Simon Kitching
Zubin Wadia

Thanks!!!

Ref/Note:

Just for ref, one of the main links that I have used in picking up the
details of the process is =>
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Process_Description

Note, MPL license for Flex is compliant to Apache license as stated
within the following link =>
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/proposal.html#template-external-dependencies

--
Sincerely,