Posted to user@struts.apache.org by panpan <xi...@yahoo.com> on 2007/11/20 15:08:45 UTC

S2: how to go back and populate values the user input

Hi all, thank you for any helps. I'm new to struts2. I just got the below
problem.

In the first page, the user inputs the values in the fields which is a List
variable additionalInterests from the Action.
In the second page, I have a link "go back" which goes back to the first
page to repopulate the values the user just typed.  But when I click the
button, the Action is a new initianized one. All the values are gone.

I'm thinkging about putting the List variable to Session scope. But in the
JSP page, the field's name has to changed to
#seesion.additionalInterests[0].firstname . I don't know in this way, does
Action will recognize the variable and automatically put the value into the
additionalInterests like without #session in front of it.

Appreaciate any inputs.