Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Stefan Adamovsky <sp...@gmx.de> on 2006/11/03 10:28:23 UTC

some little questions about remote testing

Hi
can anyone explain me how JMeter starts the Threads when I start a Remote test. I tried it yesterday, but it was not really comprehensible to understand, cause I got more samples than expacted. When I choose to start 3 threads, does it mean 3 users per client or 3 users overall?
Does "Loop Count" mean the loop per client?

How is it possible to see which client started which thread? I use a csv file to import the username and pw, I thought it could be possible to have differtent csv on the clients, so that user1 only starts from client1... But I think this is not a good solution!

regards
Stefan Adamovsky
Testing and Integration Team

Hellmann Worldwide Logistics GmbH & Co. KG
DCC - Digital Community Center
Hafenstr. 11, 49090 Osnabrück, GERMANY

http://www.hellmann.net

Re: some little questions about remote testing

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 03/11/06, Stefan Adamovsky <sp...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi
> can anyone explain me how JMeter starts the Threads when I start a Remote test. I tried it yesterday, but it was not really comprehensible to understand, cause I got more samples than expacted. When I choose to start 3 threads, does it mean 3 users per client or 3 users overall?
> Does "Loop Count" mean the loop per client?

JMeter sends the test plan to each remote server. Each remote server
runs the test plan independently, so Loop counts etc relate to the
test plan.

> How is it possible to see which client started which thread? I use a csv file to import the username and pw, I thought it could be possible to have differtent csv on the clients, so that user1 only starts from client1... But I think this is not a good solution!

You can use the __machineName() function to add the local name to the
sampler labels.

That can be a good solution - depends what you are trying to achieve.