Posted to wsif-user@ws.apache.org by "Mark D. Hansen" <kh...@yahoo.com> on 2004/04/27 21:37:52 UTC

SOAP over JMS

Can I use WSIF if I always want to use SOAP for my messaging protocol, but want to use different transports?  E.g., SOAP over HTTP, SOAP over JMS, SOAP over SMTP.

I have a feeling that the answer is "Yes", but in the WSIF samples, the JMS example seems to be for the "native binding" approach - not using SOAP, but instead a WSDL extension binding input/output directly to JMS messages.  I'm interested in the simpler case where you simply wrap SOAP in a JMS TextMessage and invoke normal SOAP-style web services, but use a JMS-provider as transport.

Any ideas about this?  Is anyone still working on WSIF or has something else superceded it?

Thanks,

Mark

Re: SOAP over JMS

Posted by Simon Solomon <b0...@FDS.com>.

Hi,

I have been using WSIF's SOAP over JMS provider successfully for a while
now.
You can look at the attached sample wsdl that has Soap over Jms binding.

Even though wsif provided an Axis transport for jms (
org.apache.wsif.providers.soap.apacheaxis.WSIFJmsSender),
I did create a custom Axis transport class that handles the jms
read/writes.

Sample WSDL
(See attached file: JmsPutGet.wsdl)

Hope this helps,