Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de> on 2003/06/16 15:43:59 UTC

Licences and Source code

I just did a quick look at the cvs of lenya and found some
problems regarding licences:

- each jar (library) that is contained in the cvs must have
  an accompanying licences file (e.g. in cocoon those are all
  put in the legal directory)
- I think some of the jars do not have a licence that it
  allows to put them in the apache cvs (I think at least
  this is true for mail and activation) - perhaps someone
  can give a pointer here?
- afaik the source code contained in the cvs must have apache
  package names, it's not allowed to have own source code
  with org.w3c.too packages
- all source files must have a proper apache licence. Currently
  there is a mixture.

Please correct these problems. If you have any questions, please
contact the pmc list.

Carsten

Carsten Ziegeler
Open Source Group, S&N AG
http://radio.weblogs.com/0107211/

Re: Licences and Source code

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
On 17/06/2003 21:44 Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:

>>mail and activation.jar should be removed from CVS right away - ASF
>>board's speaking.
>

> Not to mention that it should be rm -rf'd from the server.
> We should not allow any alternative redistribution, even from
> the "Attic" directories.
> <<
>
> both done

Thanks!

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

RE: Licences and Source code

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.

Re: Licences and Source code

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.

Re: Licences and Source code

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.

stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: Licences and Source code

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.

stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: Licences and Source code

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
On 16/6/03 21:59, "Michael Wechner" <mi...@wyona.org> wrote:

>> - I think some of the jars do not have a licence that it
>>  allows to put them in the apache cvs (I think at least
>>  this is true for mail and activation) - perhaps someone
>>  can give a pointer here?
>>
> we need to check this

While I was working @ Sun (1+ years ago now) they were in the process of
changing those licenses... I didn't hear about the outcome, but it should
have been done by now (even by Sun's timing standards).

    Pier

Re: Licences and Source code

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>I just did a quick look at the cvs of lenya and found some
>problems regarding licences:
>
>- each jar (library) that is contained in the cvs must have
>  an accompanying licences file (e.g. in cocoon those are all
>  put in the legal directory)

ok, will create a legal directory

>- I think some of the jars do not have a licence that it
>  allows to put them in the apache cvs (I think at least
>  this is true for mail and activation) - perhaps someone
>  can give a pointer here?

we need to check this

>- afaik the source code contained in the cvs must have apache
>  package names, it's not allowed to have own source code
>  with org.w3c.too packages

ok, we can make a jar out of it and put it into libs (plus the license
to legal)

>- all source files must have a proper apache licence. Currently
>  there is a mixture.

maybe someone with Eclipse can do this ;-)

>Please correct these problems. If you have any questions, please
>contact the pmc list.

Thanks for checking

Michael