Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Fabian Christ <ch...@googlemail.com> on 2012/09/20 16:33:11 UTC

SVN moved - you have to switch

Hi,

the infra team already moved the Stanbol SVN to its new location
(thanks!). I have added all Stanbol committers to the new unix and
ldap group "stanbol". So you should have write access to the new repo
location.

The new SVN location is

  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/stanbol/trunk

You have to switch your working copy to this new location via:

  svn switch https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/stanbol/trunk \
    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/stanbol/trunk

Branches and the site sources need to be handled accordingly.

If you have local changes, you should make a backup first as I do not
know quite now what will happen to those during a switch.

Note: This switch is not a relocate since the repository root did not
change and still is https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf.

Best,
 - Fabian

--
Fabian
http://twitter.com/fctwitt

Re: SVN moved - you have to switch

Posted by Fabian Christ <ch...@googlemail.com>.
2012/9/21 Alessandro Adamou <ad...@cs.unibo.it>:
> Sure it isn't something like
>
>   svn switch https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/stanbol/trunk .
> from within the working copy dir?

Yes, sure it depends on which path you have checked out from the repo.
For the trunk this is https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/stanbol/trunk,
for branches it is https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/stanbol/branches
for a specific branch foo it is
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/stanbol/branches/foo and so on.

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 8:13 PM, Alessandro Adamou <ad...@cs.unibo.it> wrote:

> Sure it isn't something like
>
>   svn switch https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/stanbol/trunk .
> from within the working copy dir?
>
> This will preserve uncommitted changes, right?

I used exactly the command proposed by you. It preserve uncommitted
changes but it does make a svn up. So you might get conflicts. Had no
problems with the trunk and branches only the stanbol webpage created
problems because of some folder changes needed by the move to the own
sub-domain.

best
Rupert

Posted by Alessandro Adamou <ad...@cs.unibo.it>.
On 9/20/12 4:33 PM, Fabian Christ wrote:
> The new SVN location is
>
>    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/stanbol/trunk
>
> You have to switch your working copy to this new location via:
>
>    svn switch https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/stanbol/trunk \
>      https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/stanbol/trunk

Won't work for me, I get:

svn: 'https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/stanbol' is not a working copy
svn: 'https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/stanbol' does not exist

Sure it isn't something like

   svn switch https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/stanbol/trunk .
from within the working copy dir?

This will preserve uncommitted changes, right?

Best,
Alessandro

--
M.Sc. Alessandro Adamou

Department of Computer Science
Mura Anteo Zamboni 7, 40127 Bologna - Italy

Semantic Technology Laboratory (STLab)
Institute for Cognitive Science and Technology (ISTC)
National Research Council (CNR)
Via Nomentana 56, 00161 Rome - Italy

"I will give you everything, just don't demand anything."
(Ettore Petrolini, 1917)

Not sent from my iSnobTechDevice