Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Alec Ten Harmsel <al...@alectenharmsel.com> on 2014/10/01 16:12:08 UTC

Queue Administration Tool

Hi,

Over the past few months I have been writing a tool in Python to ease
the pain of editing the CapacityScheduler configuration by hand.
Currently, it supports adding, removing, and modifying the properties of
queues, adding and removing users, and it performs various sanity checks
to ensure that the config will always be well-formed.

I named it Hadmin (I know, so original) and it is on Github at
https://github.com/trozamon/hadmin.

Hadmin is used to manage a multi-tenant Hadoop cluster at the University
of Michigan (http://caen.github.io/hadoop). It's currently in a 'it
works for us' beta  phase, and I would enjoy others benefiting and
testing Hadmin. I'll gladly fix bugs as I have time. It has been
primarily developed and tested on RHEL 6.5 and Gentoo.

Regards,

Alec Ten Harmsel