Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by shravana kumar <sh...@yahoo.com> on 2009/03/18 14:35:56 UTC

svn merge

Hi All,

I have branch1 and branch2. branch2 is not derived from branch1.

Is it possible to merge branch1 changes to branch2?

If i do merge from branch1 to branch 2, every thing is getting replaced in branch2 instead of merging.

svn status
R 1.c
R 2.c
R 3.c

etc

what is getting wrong ?

Here is the command that i am using.

svn merge <branch1 url> <branch2 url> <working copy of branch2>

Thanks for your help

Thanks & Regards,
Shravana Kumar

RE: svn merge

Posted by shravana kumar <sh...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for that help.

I have tried the command that you said below.

It takes long time and doing nothing.

More over, I guess revisionX is not mandatory. The revision defaults to HEAD if omitted.

Thanks & Regards,
Shravana Kumar

Posted by David Weintraub <qa...@gmail.com>.
I don't know of any Z/OS clients, but I did find this about compiling
from source code: <http://markmail.org/message/twm7io6xkoaieij5>

Maybe that will help.

I've never seen Z/OS binaries for Subversion, but apparently there is
a bit of demand for help in order to compile it for Z/OS.

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 7:27 AM, Geir Engebakken
<ge...@edb.com> wrote:
> We are looking into using SVN as a SCM for our datasets stored on an IBM mainframe with zOS/TSO. Are there any SVN Clients available for this platform? Or are there any best-practice/experience available?
>
> We have run a small system synchronizing between a windows scm and zOs by means of scripts and ftp but this solution has proven unreliable, so we are thinking of expanding the horizon a bit.
>

> Geir

David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com

SVN client for z/OS