Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by ro...@bluewin.ch on 2003/08/13 16:18:46 UTC

Cactus1.5b1 servlet sample for weblogic7x

Hi all

I'm new to Cactus and trying to run the servlet sample tests for weblogic7x
using Ant.
I have WLS7.0 SP1 installed and did set 'cactus.home.weblogic7x = C:/bea'
but I get the NullPointerException below.
Am I missing some configuration issue ?

Many thanks for any hint,
Rolf

---
test:
   [cactus] -----------------------------------------------------------------
   [cactus] Running tests against WebLogic 7.x
   [cactus] -----------------------------------------------------------------
   [cactus] Deleting 12 files from C:\TEMP\cactus\weblogic7x
   [cactus] Deleted 5 directories from C:\TEMP\cactus\weblogic7x
   [cactus] Building jar: C:\TEMP\cactus\weblogic7x\testdomain\applications\test.war
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.tools.ant.types.Environment$Variable.setFile(Environment.java:97)
        at org.apache.cactus.integration.ant.container.AbstractJavaContainer.createSysProperty(Abstr
actJavaContainer.java:155)
        at org.apache.cactus.integration.ant.container.weblogic.WebLogic7xContainer.startUp(WebLogic
7xContainer.java:206)
        at org.apache.cactus.integration.ant.container.ContainerRunner$1.run(ContainerRunner.java:18
5)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

RE: Cactus1.5b1 servlet sample for weblogic7x

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Rolf,

No, you're not missing anything. Release 1.5beta1 had not been tested
with WL 7 as was mentioned in the release notes. However since then we
have fixed the issue and it will be present in the final 1.5 release.

Version 1.5 rc1 should be released this coming week end. Tell us if you
need something before that (normally you should be able to get a nightly
build - However, it is not working ATM as one of the project on which
Cactus depends is failing to build).

Thanks
-Vincent