Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Chris Knight <Ch...@nasa.gov> on 2003/03/12 01:21:44 UTC

any way for a module to call (mod_access) int check_dir_access(request_rec* rec)?

I am writing a module that would very much like to find out if a
particular user has access to a particular URI (not the URI that got to
my module). Is there any way through an inter-module framework or the
like to call this function from within my module? I'd rather not
formulate another HTTP request just to test this.

If you must know why, I'm working on a mod_dav submodule and we'd like
to not display information in PROPFIND that the user shouldn't be able
to read via any other method.

My apologies if this is not the correct list to ask this question.

Re: any way for a module to call (mod_access) int check_dir_access(request_rec* rec)?

Posted by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu>.
On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Chris Knight wrote:

> I am writing a module that would very much like to find out if a
> particular user has access to a particular URI (not the URI that got to
> my module). Is there any way through an inter-module framework or the
> like to call this function from within my module? I'd rather not
> formulate another HTTP request just to test this.

Use a subrequest.  See mod_autoindex for a (rather controversial ;-)
example of this very thing.

--Cliff

Re: any way for a module to call (mod_access) int check_dir_access(request_rec* rec)?

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* Chris Knight wrote:

> I am writing a module that would very much like to find out if a
> particular user has access to a particular URI (not the URI that got to
> my module). Is there any way through an inter-module framework or the
> like to call this function from within my module? I'd rather not
> formulate another HTTP request just to test this.
>
> If you must know why, I'm working on a mod_dav submodule and we'd like
> to not display information in PROPFIND that the user shouldn't be able
> to read via any other method.

I'd guess, you can use a subrequest to find out the desired information (by
checking rr->status).

nd
--
package Hacker::Perl::Another::Just;print
qq~@{[reverse split/::/ =>__PACKAGE__]}~;

#  André Malo  #  http://pub.perlig.de  #