Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Thom Park <tp...@borland.com> on 2001/07/30 17:12:53 UTC

mod_webapp build using native Sun compiler?

Hi Folks,

has anyone managed to successfully build and run mod_webapp using the native
c compiler on Sun (5.8)?

I've had no end of grief with apr and mod_webapp. When I do get it to build
I either get "apr_pstrdup not found" (on a good day) or a nasty
"elf_xxx" (can't remember the exact routine name) lookup error from the
apache routing "ap_read_config" routine,
just at the point it tries to load the mod_Webapp module.

I was wondering if there were any hints as to what APXS-Flags or whatever
need to
be set, given that it appears to me that gcc is the most common use-case
that works
and one that, unfortunately, is not open to me.

-Thom