Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com> on 2000/03/15 04:17:56 UTC

oh no! xsp broken!

Just tried to build cocoon on a client's machine and got this:

[webslingerz@biglinux xml-cocoon]$ java org.apache.tools.ant.Main
Buildfile: build.xml
Project base dir set to: /home/webslingerz/packages/xml-cocoon
Executing Target: init
------------------- Cocoon 1.7.1-dev [1999-2000] ----------------
Executing Target: prepare
Created dir: /home/webslingerz/packages/xml-cocoon/build
Executing Target: prepare-projectx
Copying 1 files to /home/webslingerz/packages/xml-cocoon/build/src
Executing Target: prepare-xt
Executing Target: prepare-ecma
Executing Target: prepare-ldap
Executing Target: prepare-src
Created dir: /home/webslingerz/packages/xml-cocoon/build/classes
Copying 106 files to /home/webslingerz/packages/xml-cocoon/build/src
Executing Target: compile
Compiling 94 source files to
/home/webslingerz/packages/xml-cocoon/build/classes
/home/webslingerz/packages/xml-cocoon/build/src/org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/XSPProcessor.java:166:
Class org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPLogicsheet not found in type
declaration.
        XSPLogicsheet logicsheet = new XSPLogicsheet(transformer, parser,
null);
        ^
/home/webslingerz/packages/xml-cocoon/build/src/org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/XSPProcessor.java:166:
Class org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPLogicsheet not found in type
declaration.
        XSPLogicsheet logicsheet = new XSPLogicsheet(transformer, parser,
null);
                                       ^
Note: 4 files use deprecated APIs.  Recompile with "-deprecation" for
details.
2 errors, 1 warning
BUILD FATAL ERROR: Compile failed, messages should have been provided.

ricardo... ricardo... glad you're messing around again, but can you fix
this up please? thanks.

- donald

Re: oh no! xsp broken!

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, Ricardo Rocha wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, Donald Ball wrote:
> > ricardo... ricardo... glad you're messing around again, but can you fix
> > this up please? thanks.
>
> Well, it's good to know I'm welcome even when I screw up, :-)

Heehee, we've missed you. We were getting ready to scrape together ransom
money. Well, now that you're back, I'd like to ask you about fixing
something - currently, XSP taglibs are associated with a given namespace
prefix, not a given namespace URI - I think that's the wrong way to do
things. I had started a patch to change that behavior, but got sidetracked
on other issues. Do you agree with me, and if so, do you reckon you could
come up with a patch (being intimately familiar with the code and all ;))?

Also, have you given any consideration to porting XSPProcessor to the
cocoon2 architecture?

- donald

Re: oh no! xsp broken!

Posted by Ricardo Rocha <ri...@apache.org>.
Oops! Fixed, sorry. XSPLogicsheet has been
added.

On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, Donald Ball wrote:
> ricardo... ricardo... glad you're messing around again, but can you fix
> this up please? thanks.

Well, it's good to know I'm welcome even when I screw up, :-)

The current version supports both the old, namespace-based
logicsheets declared in cocoon.properties as well as a new
processing instruction (<?xml-logicsheet?>) that allows developers
to specify logicsheets not associated with a namespace:

  <?cocoon-process type="xsp"?>
  <?xml-logicsheet href="logicsheet.xsl"?>

Logicsheets are now dynamically reloaded whenever they change
on disk (hallelluyah!). Also, logicsheets can now be applied more
than once.

I'm refactoring XSP: abstracting the code generator, making the
program builder Ant-based, and integrating a scripting engine,
among others...

Regards,

Ricardo