Posted to user@shale.apache.org by Sudhanshu Ojha <su...@in.v2solutions.com> on 2007/06/11 12:37:46 UTC

URL Masking

Hey

I want to make my web pages  SEO(Search Engine optimized), for that I
want to change the URLs  like if its showing information abt Motorola
cell phone it should show..

abc.com/Motorola instead of  abc.com/product.faces the content of the
pages are not static. So the url should change according to the
products.

I am using jsf and java.

Sudhanshu Ojha

V2Solutions
A New Vision to Solutions
India : +91-22-66733201  Ext - 667

US   :  1-408-454-6051    Ext - 667
http://www.v2solutions.com

RE: URL Masking

Posted by "Kito D. Mann" <km...@virtua.com>.
Sudhanshu,

A very straightforward approach is to use a servlet filter that parse the
URL and forwards to the proper JSF page. There are some other approaches,
though -- check the archives for this mailing list (and others, such as
MyFaces ad FaceletS). This issue has been discussed a lot.

Kito D. Mann - Author, JavaServer Faces in Action
http://www.virtua.com - JSF/Java EE consulting, training, and mentoring
http://www.JSFCentral.com - JavaServer Faces FAQ, news, and info

* Sign up for the JSF Central newsletter!
http://oi.vresp.com/?fid=ac048d0e17 *