Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Elias Levy <fe...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/15 05:42:26 UTC

KAFKA-1499 compression.type

The description of the compression.type config property in the
documentation is somewhat confusing.  It begins with "Specify the final
compression type for a given topic.", yet it is defined as a broker
configuration property and it is not listed under topic-level configuration
properties.

Reading the discussion in KAFKA-1499 leads me to believe that the broker
level property it a default that can be overridden by using the same
property at the topic level.

Is this correct?

If so, it would be best to make the documentation clearer and to add the
property to the topic-level config properties section in addition to the
broker level config section.

Re: KAFKA-1499 compression.type

Posted by Joel Koshy <jj...@gmail.com>.
Yes you are right - thanks for pointing it out. We will get that fixed.

Joel

Posted by Elias Levy <fe...@gmail.com>.
Anyone?