Posted to user@ant.apache.org by ji...@svensktnaringsliv.se on 2013/07/03 09:47:50 UTC

Sending options to ANT task? Specifically the -q option to make it quiet

Hi all,

I have a build file that in turn calls another build file, using the ANT task (http://ant.apache.org/manual/Tasks/ant.html). However, I want to make that second build file run in "quiet mode", ie just as if I had triggered it from a command line with the "-q" option. How can I do that using the ANT task? I fail to find any documentation on how to send options like this with the ANT task.

I have tried various things using the property tag, with no success, like this:

<ant dir="${otherBuildFolderPath}" inheritAll="false">
                      <target name="clean" />
<target name="ear" />
<property name="-q" value="" />
<property name="" value="-q" />
<property name="quiet" value="true" />
</ant>

I also tried this, but it resulted in an error:

<ant dir="${otherBuildFolderPath}" inheritAll="false">
                      <target name="clean" />
<target name="ear" />
<arg value="-q"/>
</ant>

Any help is appreciated.

Regards
/Jimi

AW: Sending options to ANT task? Specifically the -q option to make it quiet

Posted by "Jan Matèrne (jhm)" <ap...@materne.de>.
You cannot reconfigure the logger Ant uses.
You have to start a complete new Ant instance.

Jan

sample:

<project default="test">

    <target name="print">
        <echo level="info"  message="1-info"/>
        <echo level="error" message="2-error"/>
        <echo level="info"  message="3-info"/>
    </target>

    <target name="test">
        <echo level="info" >Call via 'ant'</echo>
        <ant target="print"/>
        <echo level="info" >Call via 'java'</echo>
        <ant2 antfile="./build.xml" target="print">
            <arg value="-q"/>
        </ant2>
    </target>

    <macrodef name="ant2">
        <attribute name="antfile"/>
        <attribute name="target"/>
        <element name="ant2-args" implicit="yes"/>
        <sequential>
            <java classname="org.apache.tools.ant.Main">
                <arg value="@{target}"/>
                <ant2-args/>
            </java>
        </sequential>