Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Eran Kutner <er...@gigya.com> on 2011/03/02 15:40:31 UTC

CopyTable MR job hangs

Hi,
I'm trying to copy data from an older cluster using 0.89 (CDH3b3) to a new
one using 0.91 (CDH3b4) using the CopyTable MR job but it always hangs on
"map 0% reduce 0%" until eventually the job is killed by Hadoop for not
responding after 600 seconds.
I verified that it works fine when copying from one table to another on the
same cluster and I verified that the servers in the source cluster have
network access to those in the destination cluster.

Any idea what could be causing it?

-eran

Re: CopyTable MR job hangs

Posted by Eran Kutner <er...@gigya.com>.
Double thanks (one for each reply) J-D, I'll use distcp as you suggest.

-eran

Re: CopyTable MR job hangs

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.

Re: CopyTable MR job hangs

Posted by Lars George <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eran,

We need more details. It sounds like an issue with the ZooKeeper
quorum. In other words that it cannot connect to the ZK servers. Often
this is then logged during the task failures as it trying to connect
to localhost. Could you grab more logs and up them to pastebin or some
such?

Lars

Re: CopyTable MR job hangs

Posted by Eran Kutner <er...@gigya.com>.