Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by jun liu <ke...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/24 03:02:07 UTC

[Discuss] Prepare for release of dubbo-2.6.3

Hello Community,

I think we are ready for the next maintenance release 2.6.3 now. In this release, we plan to solve the issues and requirements reported by the community recently:

* Delivery of attachments from provider to consumer.
* Generic invoke and attachments for http&hessian protocol.
* Introduce new bootstrap module
* Performance tuning
* Bugfixes

Check the link below for more detailed release candidates:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/blob/2.6.3-release/CHANGES.md

I’d like to be the PM of this release, I suggest we start this release cycle as soon as possible. If you are ok to that, let's start the official release vote in community later today.

We kindly ask for your suggestions on the release candidates, and you can also help verify all the commits on the release branch:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/tree/2.6.3-release

Best regards,
Jun

Re: [Discuss] Prepare for release of dubbo-2.6.3

Posted by yuhang xiu <ca...@gmail.com>.
Agree +1.
I meet a problem with this.
I send a pr to 2.6.x (dubbo package) . And also, these code need to push to
master (apache package).
Then I try to compare 2.6.x and master, the file will display is a new file
to master (because of the different package name).
If changed, this problem can be solved, too.

Posted by jun liu <ke...@gmail.com>.
Agree with Andrea, keep groupId of 2.6.3 unchanged for compatibility while having all incompatible changes related with Apache graduation on 2.7.0+ or 3.x.x.

Release progress: two extra PRs[1][2] have been merged to 2.6.3 release candidates. I will start the vote process later.

1. https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/pull/2126
2. https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/pull/2119

Best regards,
Jun

Posted by Ian Luo <ia...@gmail.com>.

> Good point! Personally I think 2.6.3 should be released without changing
> groupID. This is a maintenance release  so it's expected to work by simply
> updating version number. I wouldn't introduce major changes such as a
> different groupID. Version 2.7.0 should be the candidate version for
> graduation as it already satisfy the requirements to be a first-level
> Apache project.

+1, good point.

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi

--
Andrea Del Bene.
Apache Wicket committer.

Re: [Discuss] Prepare for release of dubbo-2.6.3

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: [Discuss] Prepare for release of dubbo-2.6.3

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

There is one issue I want to address, which may break the
compatibility if user upgrade to 2.6.3. Please review:

--
Best Regards!
Huxing