Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de> on 2011/01/27 09:13:09 UTC

RE: svn commit: r1064010 - in /lucene/dev/nightly: hudson-lucene-solr-maven-3.x.sh hudson-lucene-solr-maven-trunk.sh

Hi Steven,

> +# Keep maven from downloading the entire universe if [ -d
> +$SAVED_MAVEN_LOCAL_REPO ]; then
> +	echo ">>> Restoring the saved Maven local repo"
> +	# Add this when no longer done in hudson-settings.sh:
> +    #	rm -rf $HOME/.m2/repository
> +	cp -Rf $SAVED_MAVEN_LOCAL_REPO $HOME/.m2/repository
> +	echo ">>> Done restoring the saved Maven local repo"
> +else
> +	echo ">>> No saved Maven local repo to restore"
> +fi

Do don't need to do this strange copying all the time, would it be not easier to modify hudson_settings.sh and only delete o.a.lucene/solr from the local repository? Deleting everything was just a quick hack.

Also the other env vars to maven would also be good in hudson_settings.sh.

Uwe

RE: svn commit: r1064010 - in /lucene/dev/nightly: hudson-lucene-solr-maven-3.x.sh hudson-lucene-solr-maven-trunk.sh

Posted by Steven A Rowe <sa...@syr.edu>.
Agreed, I'll get rid of the "strange" copying after the other build scripts are changed to not delete the repo.  I want to wait until these Maven builds are stable though.

I agree the maven env vars should be centralized.

Current problem though is failing Groovy code in the grandparent pom that I haven't seen locally.

Steve