Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by at4david <at...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/30 21:19:58 UTC

Sending pictures or files through Web Services

Hi, I am starting to implement web services using Apache Axis and Java.
I need to send files how pictures or others through Web Services and I would
like to know how do it.

I want to do that a client request for a specific picture to web service and
Web Service will send requested picture to the client in its response, is it
possible to do it with Web Services???

The client requests a picture and Web Service replies sending a picture to
the client, this is the idea.

Thanks in advance

Re: Sending pictures or files through Web Services

Posted by at4david <at...@gmail.com>.
Hi, I want to thank you all for your responses, I am going to start reading
MIME, do you know any links where can I find examples to do it with java and
Axis 1.4???

Thanks again

Re: Sending pictures or files through Web Services

Posted by Anthony Bull <an...@bcsoft.co.nz>.
Hi David,

I'm currently doing a project at work that requires the transmission of
a file as part of a SOAP message. I'm only starting to implement it
today, but I'm using the SOAP with attachments features in Axis2 (I
don't know about Axis 1 support for it).  The following article is what
I started from, and it is working well:

http://wso2.org/library/1148

cheers,
Ants.

--
Anthony
-------------------------------------

anthony.bull@bcsoft.co.nz
Ph  +64 4 472 8818
Fax +64 4 472 8811
Mobile 021 303 692
-------------------------------------
www.bcsoft.co.nz
This email may contain confidential or privileged information,
and is intended for use only by the addressee, or addressees.
If you are not the intended recipient please advise the sender
immediately and do not copy, use or disclose the contents to
any other person or organisation.
Black Coffee Software Ltd accepts no responsibility for viruses
received with this email, or to any changes made to the original
content. Any views or opinions expressed in this email may be
personal to the sender and are not necessarily those of Black
Coffee Software Ltd.