Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Alex Hitchins <al...@shapeblue.com> on 2014/03/20 14:51:27 UTC

Checkout master issue

All,

I'm getting the following errors when trying to checkout master - anyone any ideas?

$ git checkout master
error: cannot stat 'plugins/storage/volume/cloudbyte/resources/META-INF/cloudstack/storage-volume-cloudbyte': Permission denied
error: cannot stat 'plugins/storage/volume/cloudbyte/resources/META-INF/cloudstack/storage-volume-cloudbyte': Permission denied
error: cannot stat 'plugins/storage/volume/cloudbyte/src/org/apache/cloudstack/storage/datastore/driver': Permission denied
error: cannot stat 'plugins/storage/volume/cloudbyte/src/org/apache/cloudstack/storage/datastore/lifecycle': Permission denied
error: cannot stat 'plugins/storage/volume/cloudbyte/src/org/apache/cloudstack/storage/datastore/provider': Permission denied
error: cannot stat 'plugins/storage/volume/cloudbyte/src/org/apache/cloudstack/storage/datastore/provider': Permission denied
error: cannot stat 'plugins/storage/volume/cloudbyte/src/org/apache/cloudstack/storage/datastore/util': Permission denied

I've not seen a permission issue within Git before.

Regards,

Alex Hitchins

Our CloudStack Infrastructure Support<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/> offers the best 24/7 SLA for CloudStack Environments.

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: Checkout master issue

Posted by Ian Duffy <ia...@ianduffy.ie>.
Sounds like an issue with your environment....

Just reset the permissions:

sudo chown -R $USER /path/to/cloudstack/codebase

Re: Checkout master issue

Posted by Heber Gonçalves Junior <ju...@gmail.com>.
Some programs blocking the files that are using.
I had the same problem with the same error message.
When i closed the program that i was using. I could execute rebase or
checkout for another branch.

Srry for the bad english.

RE: Checkout master issue

Posted by Alex Hitchins <al...@shapeblue.com>.
I'm sorry if I made you nearly lose your lunch. I'll not use foul language in future on the mailing lists ;-)

Posted by sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com>.

RE: Checkout master issue

Posted by Alex Hitchins <al...@shapeblue.com>.

RE: Checkout master issue